Bauer Media 'Data Promise'
Quite often, the legal bits can be a bit baffling. The purpose of the Data Promise is
to communicate in the most simplest of terms of how we manage any data that is passed
to us by individuals. The following text, logo or at least a link must be placed at
point of data capture on our websites.
Our Data Promise To You...
As a customer focussed business, we are aware that you may have some concerns around
the information you share with us and how this may be used. Our promise is that we are
committed to ensuring that any personal data you provide to us is collected, used and
stored responsibly and securely in line with our privacy and security policies. You will
always have access to this information free of charge should you wish to check or change
The detail bit...
- We collect your personal information because it helps us understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future.
- We may collect this information at anytime you interact with us, such as when you visit our websites, purchase magazine subscriptions, call our customer services centre or magazine teams, enter competitions, visit events, complete an online or paper survey, form part of a review panel for future product and service developments or you participate in customer focus groups.
- We collect various types of personal information including name, address, phone number, mobile number, website visit activity, e-mail address, date of birth, bank details, credit/debit card details, your opinion on developments and activities, specific interests and buying habits and any correspondence by post, e-mail or telephone you have with us or our agents and partner organisations.
- We use the information collected for a number of purposes including standard and routine communications, promotional offers, market research, to maintain your subscription, for use in promotional campaigns, provision of services and products, analysis for new product development, auditing reasons, magazine and product delivery, content development, to solicit your opinion and to provide customer support and services.
- We may contact you by post, e-mail, telephone, or SMS for any of the above purposes.
- We will share this information with strategic partners and suppliers to enable information to be processed, products and services to be delivered to you, data to be managed efficiently and effectively, provide customer service, fulfil orders, conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys and to assess your needs for future products or services.
- Personal information that you share on any publicly accessed forum, bulletin board or other area of a website or magazine hosted by us can be used by other users and readers and remains solely your responsibility.
- We may disclose your information to third parties but only if you have told us we can. At times we may be required by law or litigation to provide your personal information. We may also if appropriate disclose information in the interests of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 for marketing purposes. However limited information may be collected for some products and magazines to enable delivery of the product or magazine, eg a subscription.
We protect your information to safeguard against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We utilise proven and trusted technologies to provide completely safe and secure credit/debit card transactions. We endeavour to keep your data up-to-date and accurate.
You can request a copy of your personal information, your interactions with our sales and support agents by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
The Data Controller,
Peterborough Business Park,
All enquiries will be answered within 30 days.